Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New story for a new season...

What an unbelievable journey God has taken me on over the last decade… It was over 6 years ago that I first experienced the house of prayer during a season at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City (www.ihop.org ). I remember that season well. For the first time in a long time, I felt my spirit come alive with fervency and passion for Jesus. The short time I spent in KC radically changed me and after my time was over there, I found myself wanting to be back. I had no idea what Jesus would do with the heart cry that was birthed in KC, but for the next 6 years He shook the very foundations of all that I knew. What an awesome God! Almost 2 years ago now, I felt God speak to me about partnering with a newly forming house of prayer here in Redding, CA under the covering of Bethel Christian Church (www.ibethel.org). I have been serving with this amazing group of people since then and I absolutely LOVE it. Recently, I felt God highlighting this house of prayer as the predominate direction for my next season. Slowly but surely, God really started opening up my heart concerning this particular house of prayer. After much prayer, I felt God ask me to serve there as my primary occupation. For years in my prayer time I expressed my desire to partner with Jesus in whatever way I possibly could. Being a missionary in the house of prayer would be a big step for me but I knew and know that He has always been trustworthy with my heart and my life. The door to be an Intercessory missionary (IM) that He has opened for me here in Redding is incredible.

What is the practical reality of being an “intercessory missionary”? I’m still working out the details, but I know that I will be working part time to supplement my income. I will also continue working part time at Aliyah’s school to pay her tuition. Although I’m working part time, I’m trusting God to stir up a deep value for intercession in the body of Christ. In Hebrews chapter 7, it speaks of Jesus’ permanent priesthood. Verse 25 in particular says, speaking of Jesus, “He always lives to make intercession for them”. I’m positive that God values something that the Son has been commissioned to do for all of eternity and I’m excited to join Him in this rewarding work.

The Plan… I will be working 40 hours per week serving at the WOTL. Of that time, 12 hours will be in the prayer room. The rest of the time I will be doing administration. I will be worship leading and or singing/playing the piano on sets, but my primary focus will be to intercede during my prayer room hours. We have different prayer focuses at each of our intercession sets: Government (1 Tim. 2:1-2), Israel (Psalm 122:6, Romans 11), local city (Col 1:9-12), and justice, primarily the ending of human trafficking, www.exoduscry.com, and for the ending of abortion, www.bound4life.com (Psalm 72: 12-14 and Psalm 10:12). Although I love each of our focuses, I’d have to say Friday night justice sets are my favorite! We are growing quickly and will be adding more sets very soon. It was just in May of this year that Bill Johnson preached a message on the importance of the house of prayer and thankfully that really paved a road of favor for us within the body of Bethel Church. I love that we have the wholehearted blessing of the pastors here!

What I need now… are people to partner with me both in prayer and finances. I am asking you to prayerfully consider how you may be able to partner with the raising up of the house of prayer in Redding. My goal is to have a group of people willing to commit to monthly giving to meet my cost of living for 1 year. I also appreciate any one-time offerings. The good thing is that every little bit helps. Prayer is another BIG way you can be involved. Please pray that God would establish the house of prayer in Redding in perfect alignment with His heart. I would love for you to send me any of your prayer requests, as well, so I can bring your needs before God during my times of intercession. Feel free to check out my blog (www.hephzibahmydelightisinher.blogspot.com). Thank you so much for taking the time to pray into and consider how you can help. I pray God’s richest blessings on you, and a deep revelation of His fullness for your life (Eph 3:17-19)

Love in Christ, Jennifer Green

"The Watch of the Lord is one of the Bethel Church's most important ministries. I strongly recommend supporting all who serve in it.” – Bill Johnson

Would you like to help financially support me as an intercessory missionary? You can make easy online donations via paypal by clicking the link on the left side of my blog or you can send checks/money orders directly to me at 655 Hilltop Dr. Apt. 59 Redding, CA 96003. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, write check/money order to Bethel Church Attn: Kathy Edwards at 933 College View Dr. Redding, CA 96003. ***Please write M73 clearly in the “memo” area, also include a note with it that has JENNIFER GREEN clearly written on it***



No comments:

Followers