Thursday, February 11, 2010

Been awhile...

So... lots have been going on in my life lately and I'm just honestly trying to figure out which way is up. The good news is that the thing that turned my life upside down was a wonderful little thing called "LOVE" (yes, I'm in love with an amazing man)... YAY!!!!! The bad news? even in it's most amazing human form, love is still not perfect and takes some daily key choices for it to succeed, thus the reason for my mental state these days... I like to refer to it as "being in a tizzy"... :) That being said, I'm currently working primarily on just getting back to my somewhat regular schedule. That includes me getting back to my complete "prayer time", "Watch of the Lord" admin time, "mommy daughter" time, "make real food to eat" time, "stop spending so much time on looking good for my man and actually do regular things" time. lol. I have lots on my heart, in the way of spiritual matters and wanted to get some of them out through a little blogging. These are just some ideas that I will expound on in the coming weeks. They may seem unrelated, yet somehow they are both on my heart right now. The first thing that I've been thinking on a lot is the Song of Solomon. Just last night I taught the first of a 8 part series on the Song of Solomon at homegroup and I just loved it. One of my most favorite things to do in life is to encourage people into deeper levels of intimacy. So, I'll most likely be posting some of my notes that I've put together related to this "journey of love" just for the sake of encouragement. There really is so much depth in the Song. The other thing that I've been pondering (and quite frankly) is "voluntary weakness", specifically for me right now is fasting. This is also something that I'll be posting more on. I've been reading a couple of good sources on both of these subjects. The primary place I'll be getting my notes on the Song of Solomon will be Mike Bickle, since it was his compilation of notes that really stirred my heart to seek revelation of the Song. As far as the fasting and voluntary weakness, I'll be posting notes from Mike Bickle, Mahesh Chavda and anyone else that I run into that encourage me to choose that narrow path of voluntary weakness. So... stay tuned :)

No comments:

Followers