Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January newsletter and update

JANUARY 2010

The holiday seasons can be a hard one for many… yet the glory of the light of Jesus can still penetrate the darkest places with hope. His hope is for all who come to Him! One of my favorite verses on hope is Acts 5:3-5 “More then that, we rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance and endurance produces character and character produces hope and hope does not put to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given us.” Yes, His hope does not disappoint! I can honestly say I am very blessed to have made it through both Aliyah’s 9th birthday and the excitement of the holiday season. For me, December gives me the opportunity to think back over my precious daughter’s life span and meditate on all of God’s goodness towards me. I try to really let God’s goodness settle in my heart as often as possible.

There’s no getting around it, December is the door into a new season… a new year. I want to extend a truly heart felt thank you to all of my friends and family who have supported me in prayer and finances since I became an intercessory missionary. Life is full of adventures and challenges, but it’s so encouraging to have people all around to support and encourage me into deeper levels of obedience to God. Thanks so much!

Things in the Watch of the Lord are definitely moving and shaking. We just recently had a multi part “vision casting” meeting. The meeting was needed and good; it was also exciting to think of God establishing the house of prayer here. I’m so glad it’s Him and not me! I would be one overwhelmed lady if I thought I had to do anything more then just take the “light” and “easy” burden of Jesus and partner with Him in this. As far as my heart to continue serving the WOTL, I absolutely love this season of life and serving the vision here. There’s no doubt about it, building the house of prayer here is on God’s heart. Recently at one of my regularly attended homegroups, I heard an amazing teaching that really encouraged me in the Word. One of the encouragements was to “come to the Word with complete humility accepting its supremacy over what we’ve been raised thinking and even being taught by our church”. Proverbs 2:1-5 talks about how embracing the Word of God leads to the knowledge of God, something that every believer should desperately want and pursue. This month, I’ll be setting my heart to study the book of Romans. My plan is to take time every day to spend at least 1 hour in it, as well as studying some commentaries on it. I welcome any feedback on good commentaries that any of you may have liked.

Practically speaking a number of you have been so generous in your giving to support me over the last several months since I officially became a missionary. Currently I need to build up my support team so that I can budget wisely. If you are able to commit to monthly giving please let me know. It would be extremely helpful for me to know where I’m at and how much more monthly support I need to get in order to make my budget every month. Also, I need to raise extra support for desperately needed new contact lenses/glasses. I would also love to take Aliyah to the dentist in the next month and any additional support going towards either of those things would be very appreciated. Again, please let me know if you have any prayer needs (please be as specific as possible). I have a sweet prayer list that I focus on praying over on a very regular, almost daily basis and I would love to add any needs that you have to that list. It truly is a joy and ultimately an honor to spend time in prayer on behalf of anyone with a need/needs. Thank you all again for your generosity towards me.


Would you like to help financially support me as an intercessory missionary? You can make easy online donations via paypal or you can send checks/money orders directly to me at 655 Hilltop Dr. Apt. 59 Redding, CA 96003. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, write check/money order to Bethel Church Attn: Kathy Edwards at 933 College View Dr. Redding, CA 96003. ***Please write M73 clearly in the “memo” area, also include a note with it that has JENNIFER GREEN clearly written on it***

"The Watch of the Lord is one of the Bethel Church's most important ministries. I strongly recommend

supporting all who serve in it.” – Bill Johnson

No comments:

Followers